Emergency, Residential & Commercial Mold Remediation and Removal in Horseheads, Ithaca, Elmira, Corning, NY & Surrounding Areas
Signs of Mold Growth and Risk Factors
Mold spores are present throughout the world. Following leaks or periods of high humidity, fungal spores can spring to life and cause catastrophic structural damage. Additionally, some species, such as Stachybotrys chartarum, also called black mold, are linked to chronic health concerns, including headache, breathing difficulties, and flu-like symptoms.
Storm damage, condensation, poor drainage, malfunctioning gutters, and plumbing leaks are some of the most common causes of mold damage affecting carpets, drywall, wallpaper, and upholstered surfaces. Due to the risks involved and the high probability of cross contamination, The Environmental Protection Agency recommends professional mold remediation services for mold growth covering more than 10 square feet. Our experts are prepared to handle building-wide contamination that has affected multiple structural systems.
What to Expect During the Mold Remediation Process
Mold remediation is a complex multistep process that involves specialized equipment and procedures. Our disaster restoration technicians are here to assist you every step of the way from the initial inspection through completion. If necessary, we can completely rebuild damaged areas to ensure that the problem doesn’t return. We also perform pre- and post-treatment testing to ensure that the issue is fully resolved. Learn more about our process.
- Each job starts with a detailed assessment and written estimate to do the remediation work (additional fee’s applied).
- Our technicians use specialized equipment to contain the infestation, remove residual moisture, and prevent cross-contamination.
Hiring a Mold Removal Service
Hiring a mold removal service is an important decision. At ServiceMaster of the Tri-Counties, we’re committed to achieving optimal results for each customer. Here’s why we’re one of the region’s leading mold removal companies.
- Our disaster restoration technicians have access to personal protective gear, negative air machines, and other specialized equipment.
- We use EPA-approved methods and industry-leading technology to clean and disinfect porous and nonporous surfaces.
- As part of the ServiceMaster family, we represent one of the industry’s most trusted brands.
- We’ll work directly with your insurance company to resolve your claim as quickly as possible.
- Emergency response teams are available 24/7 to begin the restoration process before the contamination advances.
- We’re a locally-owned company with decades of experience in the mold remediation business.
To learn more about our mold removal services or to schedule an on-site inspection, contact ServiceMaster of the Tri-Counties. We offer personalized service to customers across the region.
call to schedule an appointment today